Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ok so maybe not WORLD famous... This is a different version of egg salad. Similar in all the ways that count but with some ingredients that give it a different flavor and a fair amount of bite. Try it.... you'll like it :-) it can be cut in half easily if this is too much for your needs. I got this recipe from a recipe group I subscribe to.
- 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml black olives, chopped
- 78.07 ml green pepper, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh chives, finely chopped (can sub green onion tops)
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper (or to taste)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14-78.07 ml prepared mustard
- 118.29 ml chopped dill pickles or 118.29 ml sweet pickle
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml chopped capers
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml prepared horseradish
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- Mix together all ingredients except the eggs in a large mixing bowl and taste for seasoning.
- Add the chopped eggs and serve; how easy was THAT?
This was terrific! I had some extra eggs leftover from easter, and this was a great way to prepare them. The ingredients were all convenient, and produced a nice mix of flavors with a kick. I served mine over lettuce because my bread was stale, but I can imagine it would be wonderful on some nice fresh bread.