Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ok so maybe not WORLD famous... This is a different version of egg salad. Similar in all the ways that count but with some ingredients that give it a different flavor and a fair amount of bite. Try it.... you'll like it :-) it can be cut in half easily if this is too much for your needs. I got this recipe from a recipe group I subscribe to.
- 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped (can sub green onion tops)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickles or 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Mix together all ingredients except the eggs in a large mixing bowl and taste for seasoning.
- Add the chopped eggs and serve; how easy was THAT?
This was terrific! I had some extra eggs leftover from easter, and this was a great way to prepare them. The ingredients were all convenient, and produced a nice mix of flavors with a kick. I served mine over lettuce because my bread was stale, but I can imagine it would be wonderful on some nice fresh bread.