Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy chocolate chip cookies :P Got this from Sue Hoffman of Porterville, CA.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening, butter, sugar and brown sugar, using an electric mixture.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Drop dough with a large tablespoon (should be the size of a golf ball.) Allow plenty of space for the cookies to spread out as they bake.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees.