Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies have to be tried to be believed. Four ingredients only and absolutely delicious. They have replaced chocolate chip cookies in this household, believe me. They just melt in your mouth.
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
- Add egg and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and drop onto cookie sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon flatten in a cross-hatch pattern.
- (Wet spoon or dip in sugar to keep dough from sticking) Bake at 375 degrees for 12- 15 minutes.
I'm not giving this recipe a "star" rating because I had a few problems with it. The intense peanut butter flavor is 5 stars, but the cookies are somewhat dry and crumbly. I also used a 1-1/4 inch cookie scoop and came out with 32 cookies. For some reason I thought the recipe called for an oven temp of 350F and didn't realize my error until after I was done baking. Even with the lower temp, my first batch at 12 minutes were close to burnt. I baked the following batches at 10 minutes and they were perfectly baked. I also used the back of a fork rather than the stated spoon to make the cross-hatch. Edited To Add: Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.