1/1 Photo of World-Class Garlic Bread
Rare Affaire's Note:
We've been told by others this garlic bread is "the best" they've had (including the big-named Italian restaurant chain... yes, you know who we're talking about.) It's simple (only four ingredients!) crispy, garlicky, and flavorful. You can also cook it by pan frying, broiling or grilling. It doesn't get soggy and the garlic doesn't burn before the bread toasts. It's all in the technique, baby!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and smash the garlic with the smooth face of a tenderizer mallet, the flat of a large knife or similar tool. Set aside.
- 2In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Simmer the butter and watch the bubbles. When the bubbles change from larger, steamy bubbles to small bubbles that don't give off steam, the butter is ready. (You've just basically clarified your butter but not strained out the solids.).
- 3Turn the heat to low and add the garlic. Simmer slowly until the garlic begins to brown and is very fragrant. This can take 10 to 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat.
- 5Slice the bread on a diagonal and dip one side in the butter mixture, or if you want less fat, you can paint it by brushing the butter on one side.
- 6Salt your bread according to your personal taste.
- 7Toast the bread by any one of three methods: broil, grill or pan fry. (We're fans of broiling personally, but all three methods can yield delicious results.) Cook the buttered side by your favorite method until golden brown.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World-Class Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 758.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 15.2 g