Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This so easy! It is wonderful to come home from work and have a delicious turkey dinner all ready for you...and it smells so good! If I make this recipe when I am actually home, I don't add the vegetables until about 3 hours before the turkey will be done. This avoids overcooking them. Otherwise, just be sure to keep the vegetables prepped to a fairly large size - not bite-size.
- 6 -8 lbs turkey breast (Just be sure to pick a size that will fit in your crock pot)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can cranberry sauce (I use whole berry, I think it is 20 oz. It's the "regular" size can)
- assorted fresh vegetable, I use mushroom caps, broccoli florets, and baby carrots. (These are optional. If using, be sure to keep them at a very generous size or they will overcook in )
- Pour soup mix in bottom of crock pot. Place turkey breast in crock pot. Add vegetables, if desired, and pour can of cranberry sauce into the crock pot. Cook on low 8 - 10 hours. I like to use a turkey breast that has a thermometer popper attached. When it pops, it's done!