Recipe by Doe's diner
A quick and delicious savory pot pie that seems like you spent all day! I pick out the green bean pieces from the mixed vegetables (hate the frozen flavor they get!). You can also use leftover baked potatoes. You can substitute cream of chicken or mushroom for the cream of celery soup too).
- 1 prepared pastry for double-crust deep dish pie
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups deboned leftover chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine (in 4 or 5 pats) or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (in 4 or 5 pats)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Cut potatoes into small cubes. Boil pototoes just until softened.
- 3. Saute celery, garlic, mushrooms and onion in 1 T. olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- 4. In a large bowl place deboned chicken, soup, milk, mixed vegetables.
- (frozen or thawed doesn't really matter), potatoes, celery, onion,.
- garlic and mushrooms, add pepper. Mix.
- 5. Take 1 pie crust - pierce with a fork in about 5 places - add.
- chicken filling and top with butter pats.
- 6. Take the other crust - flatten it out to make a top crust.
- 7. Pinch the top crust to the bottom crust. Brush with milk and bake.
- for 45 to 90 minutes. You may need to cover with foil until the last 30.
- minutes depending on your oven.