- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 small acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup dried lentils
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and saute until very aromatic.
- Add the eggplant, squash and zucchini to the pot, stirring until the edges begin to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Bring broth to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Leave to simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.