Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
From one of the recipes on Guy's Big Bite. Great to serve with burgers, steak or meatloaf!
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
Both DH and I DESPISE ketchup, but I needed it for a dipping sauce for chicken tenders. Once I pureed it, I gave the DH a taste and he asked if he could drink it (I love it too!), so I'm guessing that means it's pretty good. Thanks bunches, I will keep this on hand for the "ketchup folks" who come over and want to slather their food in the nasty red stuff. Maybe we can turn them around!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 8 roma tomatoes, skinned, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add oil and onions. Cook until brown and caramelized.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic, and cook for a few minutes, just to soften the vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- You can either serve the ketchup chunky or puree it in a blender first and serve it smooth.