Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mom's recipe and has a delicious carmelized color and aroma! It is a fabulous side dish and a great way to prepare these without the tons of extra fat and calories you get from breading or adding cheese.
- 1 lb frozen Brussels sprouts or 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 strips bacon
- Add all ingredients to medium size skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 20-30 minutes).
So good. My mom ate these and she HATES brussels sprouts! They aren't as bitter when cooked this way, very juicy. Thanks for posting!
Yum! These were good and different for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't add any salt or pepper. I also used real bacon bits instead of cooking off two strips of bacon. We all enjoyed these.
Simply fabulous and yummy recipe. Usually I stash aside a few pieces of cooked bacon from breakfast so it's crispy, and I use frozen sprouts. I love it when it's not complicated, and it's just good!