1 hr 20 mins
This is the result of combining what I like from about 4 recipies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Filling
1 bag of pre-made shrimp or chicken wonton or make from scratch as below
- 1 (10 ounce) package egg roll wraps or 1 (10 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 20 medium shrimp, cooked
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
For the Soup
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 20 medium cooked shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) package barbecued pork
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 5 dried black mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn
- 1/2 lb broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1For Wontons:.
- 2Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Add ginger root, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sherry, beaten egg, minced flat-leaf parsley, garlic powder, 4 thinly sliced scallions, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked chopped shrimp.
- 6Remove from heat, mix thoroughly& allow to cool slightly.
- 7Place a small amount of water into a small bowl to use for sealing the wontons.
- 8Place a tablespoon or more of the filling into the center of each wrapper.
- 9Moisten edges with water, fold up corner of wrapper over the filling and press firmly to seal. It will look like a triangle.
- 10Hold filled wonton by the tip with the longest side down.
- 11Gently wrap corners around filled part, moisten with water and gently pinch to seal.
- 12The finished wonton resembles a nurse’s hat.
- 13Set wontons aside on an oiled plate & continue with remaining wontons.
- 14The reason for oiling the plate is to prevent wontons from sticking.
- 15FOR THE SOUP:.
- 16Soak black mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes. Discard stems.
- 17Place the chicken broth & 2 tablespoons of sesame oil into a large pot and bring to a light boil.
- 18Add sliced water chestnuts, baby corn, bok choy and black mushrooms. Let resume boil.
- 195 minutes before serving add the brocoli, mushrooms, shrimp.
- 201-2 minutes before serving add the snow peas, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/3 of the barbecue pork and add the wontons one at a time so they do not stick together. Allow the heat and serve immediately.
- 21Ladle soup into individual large soup bowls with as many wontons per person as desired.
- 22Top with remaining strips of pork, strips of chicken, as many whole cooked shrimp as desired, and several slices of hard-boiled egg.
- 23Garnish with sliced and cut up pieces of scallions & Italian flat-leaf parsley on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wor Wonton Soup Deluxe
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 895.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: