1/3 Photos of Woolworths Frito Pie
Photo Momma's Note:
We love this recipe at my house...but I've never had the original "Woolworths" Frito Pie, so I can't compare the two. It's really good though. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups Frito corn chips
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack cheese)
- onion, chopped
- jalapeno, diced
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet until fat is rendered.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened.
- 3Add ground chuck and cook over medium high heat, stirring and breaking up lumps until browned, 3-4 minutes.
- 4Pour off excess fat and add salt, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste.
- 5Slowly add water and simmer 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- 6Add beans until heated through.
- 7Divide corn chips among individual wide shallow bowls, top with chili. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Garnish with onion and jalepeno if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Woolworths Frito Pie
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.7
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 967.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Frito corn chips