Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
Great for a party or any old day of the week. These are sure to please any Star Wars fan. Two kinds of chocolate and the addition of cinnamon make them rather addictive. The recipe comes from "The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookie Cookies and Other Galactic Recipes"
Top Review by MesaLiketoCook
I saw this recipe in a Star Wars cookbook and have been wanting to try these out for a while, and finally had time to tonight. They were pretty good, but I think next time I make these, I'll be adding more cinnamon. What can I say, I love cinnamon :) The only things I did different were: I used salted butter (that's what we had) and didn't use any other salt with the recipe. I also used semi-sweet chocolate chunks instead of the morsels. They were a smidgeon too rich for me when they were warm, they taste great cooled off though. The BF really seemed to like them and will be taking them in his lunches :) Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Stir with the wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir with the wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.
- Using pot holders, put the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Again, using pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven. Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula, and place on cooling racks.
- Let cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.