Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for a party or any old day of the week. These are sure to please any Star Wars fan. Two kinds of chocolate and the addition of cinnamon make them rather addictive. The recipe comes from "The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookie Cookies and Other Galactic Recipes"
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Stir with the wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir with the wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.
- Using pot holders, put the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Again, using pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven. Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula, and place on cooling racks.
- Let cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
I saw this recipe in a Star Wars cookbook and have been wanting to try these out for a while, and finally had time to tonight. They were pretty good, but I think next time I make these, I'll be adding more cinnamon. What can I say, I love cinnamon :) The only things I did different were: I used salted butter (that's what we had) and didn't use any other salt with the recipe. I also used semi-sweet chocolate chunks instead of the morsels. They were a smidgeon too rich for me when they were warm, they taste great cooled off though. The BF really seemed to like them and will be taking them in his lunches :) Thanks for posting this recipe!
These were wonderful!!! You can see from the pictures that they really flattened out, but that is most likely my fault. (Every single Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I try comes out that way, no matter what I do!!! But I digress.) The flavor was perfect, and the cinnamon was just a lovely background note rather than a predominant flavor like I thought it might be. They were CHEWIE in the center and lightly crisp on the edges. I subbed white chocolate chips for the semisweet because I love my sugary sweetness! Other than that, made as directed. May the Fork be with you...
My entire family is filled with star wars fans! I purchased this cook book for my 9 yr old nephew and these cookies have easily become a family favorite! He actually called me at 11pm lastnite to see if I could make some today. I compared this recipe to other basic chocolate chip ones and this has way more flavor! Everyone needs a wookie cookie in their lives!