Recipe by codette
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. It is one that I came up with based on flavors and taste of my family and friends at our cookouts.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 -3 tablespoon bacon fat
- 8 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 12 ounces pepperoncini peppers, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (perfer Boars Head Black Waxed Cheddar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by bringing the bag of Simply Potato Shredded Hash Browns to room temperature.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat up the 1-1/2 T bacon fat, once it is starting to get hot add the peppers and sliced mushrooms do a quick heat, stirring to wilt peppers and brown the mushrooms and then remove them off to a plate.
- Then add the remaining 1-1/2 T bacon fat let it get nice and hot and add those succulent room temp hash browns and cook them, stirring on occasion to ensure a nice crunchy brown texture.
- Add back into the cast iron skillet those sliced or chopped Pepperoncini Peppers & sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms and then give it a good stir.
- Add that wonderful shredded Sharp Cheddar to melt (add as much as you like we use between 1 cup and 2 cups).
- Plate if you can, but most of the time the tators are removed from the skillet faster than you can call them to dinner. WooHoo!