Recipe by TheSarneys
I've been using this playdough since I was a little girl, and now I make it for my own little ones!
Top Review by MommaEllen
I always made this with cream of tartar, but this recipe makes really really soft dough! My little one said it felt like bread dough and she was right. thank you for sharing this! Made for PAC '08
- 4 cups water, boiling
- 1 cup salt
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons powdered alum
- 6 cups flour
- 10 -30 drops food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix boiling water and salt. Take pot off burner [or bowl out of microwave :) ] and add food color while the water and salt mix is still hot.
- Add oil and alum, and stir in most (approximately five cups) of the flour.
- Once mixture is cool to the touch, knead in the remaining flour *as needed* to stop stickiness.
- Let it cool a little more, then play!
- Store in an airtight container (or Ziploc bag!) (Note: as with most playdough recipes this does not require refrigeration, however it will last longer if you refrigerate it between play-times).
- Change the color seasonally!