Recipe by Sharlene~W
A wonderful summer or fall salad made with greens, apples and blue cheese.
Top Review by Barb G.
What a delicious salad, We really enjoyed it. I used an asian pear instead of the apple also added the craisins then made as stated. Love the toasted walnuts and bluecheese with the Raspberry dressing. We love salads, I made some kind of salad every evening to go with our dinner, This has been added to my cookbook. Thank you Sharlene.
- 10 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cored, thinly chopped (dried cranberries) or 1 1⁄2 cups craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
For Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine greens, fruits and nuts in large salad bowl.
- Toss with just enough dressing to coat.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
- Serve, passing additional dressing for those who want more.
- For Raspberry Vinagrette: Combine vinegar, onion, sugar and mustard in food processor or blender; process until well blended.
- With motor running, slowly add oil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.) Variation: Cranberry Vinaigrette; Substitute balsamic vinegar for raspberry in above recipe, add 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed. Follow directions for Raspberry Vinaigrette.