Recipe by catrinaweathersett
I came up with this recipe with making regular french toast. i found that there was no nutmeg so i changed and experimented the first time it was just a little off cause i didn't find the "special ingredient". i am not someone who normally measures things out so it became hard for me to get right the first time. but at last i have. by the way the special ingredient is syrup added to the beaten egg mixture (i don't recommend forgetting this one!). i hope you enjoy. you can also use this in the regular french toast style. Cat--
- 7 large eggs
- 1⁄2 loaf bread (about 6-8 slices of your choose of bread, "shredded")
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage (plus optional top)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus optional top)
- 1⁄4 cup pancake syrup (plus optional top)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional top)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat over to 400 degree.
- beat eggs in small 1qt mixing bowl til they are mostly mixed.
- then sprinkle the top with cinnamon til mostly covered and do the same on the cinnamon with the sage.
- drizzle the bowl in spiral with syrup, with half of the measured amount (about 2 time around ).
- beat again til mix (mostly then repeat step 2 thru 4).
- beat til mix thoroughly.
- add Baking powder and mix thoroughtly.
- take the half a loaf of bread that has been torn apart and place in a large 1.5qt mixing bowl.
- them shortly mix eggs and pour into the 1.5 qt bowl with bread piece in it. take your hands and mix thoroughly.
- pour mixture into one 8x8 glass casserole dish.
- lightly sprinkle cinnamon and sage on top, and drizzle with a bit of maple syrup(optional).
- place in over on the medium rack.
- after taking the casserole out lightly sprinkle with powder sugar (optional).