Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh ingredients may of course be used, but for the last minute chef, the recipe was adjusted to use items that come in standard size cans. Baby shrimp or cooked chicken could be added during the last 10 minutes of cooking or this might be served with pork chops. I have turned left overs into soup by placing them in a bowl and adding hot chicken broth just until covered. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, and the liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a hot frying pan or two quart pot, followed by the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the diced onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the rest of the ingredient, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the wild rice is soft.
- If small shrimp or cooked meat is to added, do this during the final 10 minutes of cooking.
I didn't have any mushrooms and I substituted 15oz broth for 16oz water and 2tsp chicken bouillon powder, but did everything else according to the recipe. It was fantastic! Light, full of flavor and very easy to put together.
Nice super fast side!
This is a great and easy recipe! Thanks! It is delicious