Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This salad can be made a day in advance. If a more structured presentation is desired, small amounts of mayonnaise can be added. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (diced)
- Add the wild rice to the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cooked rice from the heat and allow to sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid, add other ingredients, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.