Recipe by grandma2969
Have not tried this..but liked the name..putting it here for easier retrieval.. You can use either walnuts or pecans..
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Put walnuts or pecans and dates through coarse blades of ginger or chop coarsely.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and 1 1/2 cups of coconut.Mix well and shape into 1" balls.
- Roll balls into remaining 2 cups of coconut.and place balls on well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10-12 minutes.and coconut is toasted.
- Cookies will be soft, so remove them carefully from pans.they will firm up as they cool.