Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no earthly idea where the name for this came from! This creamy dish, served over Chinese noodles is a taste treat!
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can chinese noodles
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Make cheese sauce by combining milk, butter, flour and cheese.
- Simmer till blended well.
- Do not boil.
- Saute mushrooms and green pepper in a small amount of butter.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve immediatly over warmed Chinese noodles.
This was different! Hey! My picky son ate it! I was a little confused with the can of noodles made me wonder if it meant the crunchy noodles that is used for dipping into mustard or duck sauce. Which I did buy and decided to use soft noodles? I did skip the pimientos. Mushrooms I used were fresh and diced fine so my son couldn't recognize them. I used 3 eggs and found that to be plenty. I myself wasn't crazy about it. But my 18 year old ate it which is tough to get him to eat home he is always on the run.