Recipe by Casey's BBQ
! DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STOVE TOP SMOKER! This is a great sweet tasting turkey. Every one I have ever made this for has loved it--even people that do not like turkey or just don't like dark meat!
- 4 turkey legs
- 59.16 ml dry rub seasonings
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 59.16 ml wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- USE Maple, Apple, and or Cherry Wood Chips.
- Clean the legs under cold water. Pat legs dry cover legs in dry rub. Store in refrigerator for approximately 2 hours.
- Take legs out of refrigerator add a mixture of dry rub and 1/4 cup of apple juice. Pour over legs and refrigerate for another 22 hours, flipping the legs every 2-4 hours to marinate the legs evenly. You don't have to wake up and take care of them overnight.
- Set up your stove top smoker with 1/2 the wood chips. Place the turkey legs on the rack leaving as much space between each leg as possible and not touching the sides.
- Close the lid tightly and place over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Carefully open the top--do not burn yourself--remove legs.
- Put additional wood chips in, making sure when you put the turkey legs back in to have them flipped over from where they were when originally cooked; close smoker.
- Cook for the remaining hour on medium heat.
- Let cool down a bit. Served warm or cold, it is such a treat--the sweet taste of home smoked turkey!