Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very yummy side dish that the whole family will enjoy. This has become a staple at our family's Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinners. It's a good thing that it makes a lot! My daughter always asks, "Are we having Green Stuff?" I received this recipe from my mother-in-law when I married into the family. She is a wonderful cook! My recipe calls for ingredients that are a little more healthy, as I follow Weight Watchers so feel free to substitute the "real" things. ENJOY!
- Drain the pears.
- Put the pear juice in a measuring cup and add enough water to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Make the Jello using the 2 cups of the liquid.
- When the Jello is dissolved, place in the refrigerator until almost set.
- Mash the pears.
- Mash the softened cream cheese adding the milk as you mash and blend this mixture until smooth.
- Add the pears to the cream cheese mixture.
- Put the cream cheese mixture and the Jello in the mixing bowl and blend together.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and mix all together well.
- Pour your Seafoam Salad into a pretty glass bowl.
- Put the halved cherries on the top for decoration.
- Chill well and serve.
Very nice dessert. Everyone had some, most said they thought it would have a bit more kick to it. I loved the pears in the recipe but will try it with Pinapple the next time for a little more zing. However, definately a keeper. Thanks senseischeryl.
I make something similar to this except I use crushed pineapple instead of the pears, no milk and no cherries....and ummm nothing I use is fat free, sugar free or lite....LOL. But it's a staple at Thanksgiving and Christmas as well and yes, we call it the "Green Stuff" too. It's DELICIOUS!!!!