16 hrs 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network it's from Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs bone-in pork butt (or larger)
- 1/4 cup bbq dry rub seasonings (homemade or store-bought bbq dry rub)
- 1Special equipment: Charcoal and hickory and apple wood chips soaked in water 1/2 hour prior to cooking
- 2Twelve hours prior to cooking, trim fat cap to 1/4-inch thickness from pork butt. Season heavily with dry rub. Place in plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Remove pork from refrigerator 2 hours prior to cooking to come to room temperature.
- 4Prepare smoker to temperature of 210 to 220 degrees F and place 1 handful of hickory chips and 1 handful of apple chips on hot coals.
- 5Place pork butt in smoker and smoke for 14 to 16 hours adding 1 handful of hickory and 1 handful of apple chips every 4 hours. After 5 hours in smoker, begin spraying generously with apple juice every 2 hours.
- 6Pork will be done when the internal temperature reaches 185 to 190 degrees F.
- 7Pull or chop meat as desired and top with your favorite sauce!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wood Chick's Smoked Pork Butt
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.5
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings