Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb pork, ground
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine (or any wine)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package wonton wrapper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 cups chicken stock (fresh or canned (2 or 3 cans with water added)
- Filling: Mix pork, spinach, garlic, scallion, salt, sherry and sesame oil thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Wontons: Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each wrapper.
- With a finger dipped in water, moisten 2 adjacent sides, fold over to make a triangle. With both hands hold the triangle by the 2 widest corners, push down so that the filled center folds up. Moisten one end and pinch the 2 ends firmly together.
- Place on a tray. This makes about 50 wontons. Uncooked wontons can be wrapped and kept frozen for 1 to 2 weeks.
- To Cook: Bring 2 quarts of water to boil and drop in wontons.
- Return to boil, reduce heat and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Drain wontons.
- Pour the stock into pot and bring to boil, add wontons and return again to a boil.
- Serve at once.
- Wontons can also be deep fried in vegetable oil and eaten as an hors d'oeuvre.