- 8 cups water
- 20 wontons
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli stem, cut into julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained and halved lengthwise
- 3 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan bring water to boiling. Drop wontons, one at a time, into boiling water. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rinse wontons with cold water. Drain thoroughly; set aside.
- In the same large saucepan bring the chicken broth to boiling.
- Add the broccoli strips, the halved mushrooms and the grated ginger root. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add wontons and green onions to the saucepan. Heat thorough.
- Ladle soup into bowls.