Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rhis is a wonderful soup--my kids love it.
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork (your choice) or 1⁄4 lb ground chicken (your choice) or 1⁄4 lb ground turkey (your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 (46 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced cooked pork (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- shredded carrot (to garnish)
- Combine the ground meat of your choice, water chestnuts,1 tablespoon of soy sauce, egg white, and ginger in small bowl; mix well.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper with a point toward edge of counter. Mound 1 teaspoon of filling toward bottom point. Fold the bottom point over the filling, and then roll wrapper over once. Moisten inside points with water; bring side points together below the filling, overlapping slightly. Press together firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Keep the finished wontons covered with plastic wrap while finishing the remaining wontons.
- Combine broth and remaining 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium. Add the wontons; simmer uncovered 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cooked pork, and onions. Remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil. Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with shredded carrots.