This is a favorite of my husband. I have made this soup for years. This does take a bit of time to make the wontons, but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix the pork, shrimp, sugar, soy sauce and green onion.
- 2Blend well and leave to stand 25 to 30 minuntes.
- 3Place about 1 tsp on the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 4Moisten all four edges of wrapper with water and pull the top corner down to the bottom, folding over filling to make a triangle.
- 5Press edges firmly to make a seal.
- 6Bring left and right corners together above filling.
- 7Overlap and moisten with water and press together For Soup: Bring chicken stock to rolling boil.
- 8Drop wontons in and cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Garnish with scallions and serve.
- 10Cook 2 minutes longer if using from frozen state.
- 11To Fry: Heat 2 to 3 cups oil in a wok until hot.
- 12Deepfry wontons in batches until golden, 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- 13Drain and serve with dipping sauce (plum sauce).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 856.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g