Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from the cookbook that my friend put together. We can eat so much of this salad! I am not sure what the size of can is for the water chestnuts. It is a complete guess, so get whatever size is available.
- 1 head lettuce (what ever combination you like)
- 2 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- wonton wrapper
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, saute the ingredients for the almonds. Cook on medium/low heat until almonds look toasted, careful not to burn them.
- Turn almonds out onto plate or cookie sheet to cool. When cooled, break apart and put into salad mix.
- Cut wontons into strips and deep fry as many as you want.
- For the dressing, mix together and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour over salad just before serving.