Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 ounces pepperoni, 24 slices (turkey is less oily than the beef)
- 2 roma tomatoes, medium size
- 1 scallion, sliced
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully fit wonton wrappers into mini muffin tins; no need to grease the pan. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes; remove from oven to cool. Can be done ahead.
- If serving immediately, lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Fold each turkey pepperoni slice into fourths, place one in bottom of baked wonton cups. Cut tomatoes in half, use your index finger to remove as many seeds as possible then finely chop tomatoes, place in a small bowl with the scallion and black pepper. Add a small amount of salt, do not use too much, the meat is spicy; mix well and spoon on top the pepperoni. Add the grated Fontina cheese and sprinkle with dried Thyme. Place in 350 degree oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and serve.