Recipe by HokiesMom
From Simple & Delicious - submitted by D. Brenden Mar2007. A simple wonton with a chocolately surprise inside. Very easy - uses prepackaged wonton wrappers. Note: Just fill a few at a time and keep the other wonton wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until you are ready to use them. You can also change the flavor by using different types of "kisses" in the center.
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, cherry, etc)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over candy kisses and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry wontons for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.