Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my basic lasagna recipe. You can add all kinds of thing to jazz it up, but I make this one for all the picky eaters in my life. It's also the recipe I use when I don't (or can't) have a lot of fresh ingredients on hand. A tip for layering your noodles: alternate the direction of the noodles in each layer. Do the first layer down the length of the pan, then do the next layer across the dish. You will need to trim the ones that go across the pan, but this will help keep the lasagna together when you serve it.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxlasanga noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped, divided
- 2 (500 g) containers cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, fry ground beef. Drain.
- Add cans of tomatoes and paste, the basil, the oregano, garlic powder and half the parsley.
- Simmer the beef mixture for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, remaining half of the parsley, salt and pepper.
- To prepare lasagna, layer in the following order in a 9 x 13 dish: One layer of noodles, half the cheese mixture, a quarter of the mozzarella, another layer of noodles, half the meat mixture, layer of noodles, the remainder of the cheese mixture, a quarter of the mozzarella, a layer of noodles, the remainder of the meat mixture and topped with the last of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, let sit for 15 minutes before serving.