1/2 Photos of Won't Kill the Diet Chocolate Cinnamon Zucchini Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
This is a revamp of an old recipe I had. I made some changes to make it a bit more diet friendly. It contains less fat and sugar then the original recipe. The best thing about it is it is loved by all including my picky eaters who do not like zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml apple, sauce (Unsweetened)
- 1 brown sugar, NOT packed
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.16 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml vinegar or 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 591.47 ml flour
- 473.18 ml zucchini, grated
- 118.29 ml 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Add the 1/2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice to the skim milk and set aside. You want the milk to curdle.
- 3Blend together the first 6 ingredients.
- 4Mix in the dry ingredients and then stir in the milk, batter will be somewhat thick.
- 5Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- 6Pour batter into a greased 9x13" cake pan.
- 7Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the cake batter.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Won't Kill the Diet Chocolate Cinnamon Zucchini Cake
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 105.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: