Cook1 hr 35 mins
I made this to go with some braised chicken wings the other night. So you may want to up rib amounts if serving as is and not with other dishes. This amount would serve 3-4 as a starter.
- 5 large ribs, chopped in half to make 10 (I get my butcher to do this.)
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 1 teaspoon beef stock granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 50 ml water
- 100 ml hoisin sauce (I use blue dragon brand)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Bring water, stock and five spice to the boil, add ribs and turn heat down to low and cook for about 90 Min's until pork can be pulled from the bone.
- Drain pork, heat oil in a fry pan and fry pork on all sides to brown, serve immediately.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil, serve ribs with sauce on the side.
- I served my ribs with this sauce and sweet chili sauce so serve with whatever you enjoy.