Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy recipe to make and is good for any dessert, cold or warm with either a savory or sweet filling. DH likes them with jam nd I am a Crepe Suzette kinda gal. A seafood filling is wonderful too. Mmmmm.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
- 1 pinch salt
- Whiz everything in your blender for two minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into a hot buttered crepe pan or non-stick pan. Turn when the crepe bubbles up. Don't brown them too much, a crepe should be eggy not crispy. Stack them until you are ready to fill them.
- Continue with your recipe.
This recipe is amazing.
These crepes were phenomenal!! I have never made crepes before and I was so happy with how they turned out. I used a regular frying pan and did them just how I would pancakes. A few tips: put a little pat of margarine or butter in pan between each crepe. Also, they cook very fast. About 10 seconds on the first side and 5 seconds on the flip side. Super easy and super yummy!! They were good just by themselves!