1 hr 10 mins
This goes great with a turkey or chicken dinner, I also add in 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic with the onions, I suggest to have your broth very hot when adding to the rice :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in the olive oil over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the squash and 1/2 cup broth.
- 3Cover the pan, and cook until the squash is tender (about 10 mins).
- 4Add rice and wine, and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- 5Add 2-1/2 cups more broth, and simmer, uncovered until the liquid is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
- 6Add 1/2 cup more broth, and stir until rice is tender and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- 7Mix in the Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Winter Squash Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 767.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g