Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This goes great with a turkey or chicken dinner, I also add in 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic with the onions, I suggest to have your broth very hot when adding to the rice :)
Top Review by Mntmomma
This was a pretty good risotto, not my favorite, but a good out of the cupboard meal. I made it more traditional style, heating up the broth on the side, and gradually adding 1/2 -1 cup at a time, letting it absorb, and adding more. I will make it again if I find I have to cook dinner without going to the store.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced small winter squash (butternut, acorn, etc.)
- 3 1⁄2 cups good quality chicken broth (or more if needed)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in the olive oil over low heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add the squash and 1/2 cup broth.
- Cover the pan, and cook until the squash is tender (about 10 mins).
- Add rice and wine, and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- Add 2-1/2 cups more broth, and simmer, uncovered until the liquid is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
- Add 1/2 cup more broth, and stir until rice is tender and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese, and serve.