Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE whipped cream frosting, but it often falls flat and turns runny! this is my solution for stabilized whip cream frosting with lots of different flavor options!!
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix (any flavor I've tried chocolate, vanilla, white chocolate, but cheesecake is the best!) or 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (any flavor I've tried chocolate, vanilla, white chocolate, but cheesecake is the best!) or 1 (4 ounce) box cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (any flavor I've tried chocolate, vanilla, white chocolate, but cheesecake is the best!)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Chill large bowl and beaters in freezer for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl with chilled beaters, slowly add pudding and powdered sugar, beat until mixture is thick and creamy, but still spreadable.
- NOTE: This makes A LOT of frosting it's very light and not overly sweet great for cupcakes, layer cakes, and tarts can also be used in trifles (or just eaten with a spoon ;).
This frosting is creamy and simply delicious! Add 1 Tbsp mint flavoring, 3 drops of green food coloring for mint frosting. This recipe calls for 4 cups of cream, but if you only have 2 cups of cream and want to half the recipe, there is enough to cover a 13 x 9. Awesome recipe, a new favorite! Thanks for sharing!
I made this with chocolate fudge puddng mix -so easy and so good! Thank you! Great recipe.
I'm just sorry there aren't more stars available. This is the easiest & best frosting. Tastes just like the traditional whipped cream frosting but does not get runny! The consistancy just perfect, easy to spread & I even made some pretty swirls in my Easter Cake. I used lemon pudding but the possibilities are endless. As many possibilites as Jello makes pudding. Lol. Thank you Lizzypoo222. You are a genius.