Recipe by surprize27_gal
This is a recipe that I came up with over Christmas this year. If you like those wedding cookies (in the pink box) you will love this cookie!
Top Review by Debbb
These are really good cookies! Lots of different flavours & pretty to look at. I've never heard of "wedding cookies in the pink box" so I don't know if this is a good copycat recipe or not. I don't have a food processor so I put the pecans & powdered sugar in my blender & then transferred to a bowl & hand mixed. I managed to get 4 1/2 dozen dainty cookies out of one batch.
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter (softened and cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, process pecans, cinnamon and powdered sugar until fine crumbs form.
- Add in butter pieces then vanilla and coconut extracts. Scrape the bowl at least once to blend well.
- Add flour using the pulse action on food processor until everything sticks together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- NOTE: (If you do not have a food processor, buy fine chopped pecan pieces and use a pastry blender).
- Refrigerate for 2 hours wrapped in plastic.
- Remove from frig and roll into 1/2 inch balls. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and roll cookies in a pie plate filled with powdered sugar. Finish by cooling on a rack.
- Hint: Cookies will not expand much in the oven. So, really load up that cookie sheet.