Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with over Christmas this year. If you like those wedding cookies (in the pink box) you will love this cookie!
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter (softened and cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- In a food processor, process pecans, cinnamon and powdered sugar until fine crumbs form.
- Add in butter pieces then vanilla and coconut extracts. Scrape the bowl at least once to blend well.
- Add flour using the pulse action on food processor until everything sticks together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- NOTE: (If you do not have a food processor, buy fine chopped pecan pieces and use a pastry blender).
- Refrigerate for 2 hours wrapped in plastic.
- Remove from frig and roll into 1/2 inch balls. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and roll cookies in a pie plate filled with powdered sugar. Finish by cooling on a rack.
- Hint: Cookies will not expand much in the oven. So, really load up that cookie sheet.
These are really good cookies! Lots of different flavours & pretty to look at. I've never heard of "wedding cookies in the pink box" so I don't know if this is a good copycat recipe or not. I don't have a food processor so I put the pecans & powdered sugar in my blender & then transferred to a bowl & hand mixed. I managed to get 4 1/2 dozen dainty cookies out of one batch.