Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful waffle recipe I have been making for quite some time on my waffle machine, adding in 1/2 cup fresh blueberries will only add to the flavor, do not use frozen berries.
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks with milk, vanilla and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile you may beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites to the wet mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the waffle machine using amounts stated for your machine.
- Cook until browned.
These are definitely wonderful waffles Kit. Wow, were they good, even my picky dh liked them. These babies, were crispy, crunchy, tender, moist, tall, with a flavor that is out of this world. These big beautiful waffles tasted as good as they smelled while baking. i can't wait to try these with fresh blueberries or blackberries, they will be even more spectacular. I served them with a little powdered sugar and Syd's Berries and Cream Dip. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will use often.