Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
After tasting these at a small get together that was hosted by a vegan, I was delighted to receive the recipe to try for myself and then had to post it here, these are one of the best vegan brownies! water may be substituted for the soy milk if desired.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- In a small bowl combine soy milk with oil and vanilla; pour into the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny (for a more solid brownie bake longer).
- Let cool about 20 minutes or more before slicing.
I'm sorry. I really wanted to like these, but they were inedible. I was looking for an egg-free recipe because I didn't have any in the house. I followed the recipe to a T except I used chocolate soymilk instead of regular. I don't think that would have changed it too much. They were too dense and dry; I even undercooked them. I couldn't even eat one, and my polite guests choked down one. Thanks for the idea, though.
WOW. I never write reviews but these were on point! I omitted the walnuts and added some chocolate chips. Also baked them in mini muffin tins to make brownie bites @ 350 for 12 minutes. So so good and fudgy (and you can't even tell they are vegan). My new go-to recipe for brownies!
These were awesome. I made the following changes to the recipe. I removed 2 T. of flour, reduced the oil to 2/3 c., increased the baking powder to 1 1/2 tsp. and added 1/4 c. Hodgson Mill milled flax seed mixed with 1/4 c. water (let stand until it's a thick paste). I double sifted the dry ingredients, mixed all the wet ingredients together and stirred the batter just until everything was moistened.. The brownies baked for 33 minutes. Yum yum yum. They're an exact cross between cake like and fudgey brownies. I will definitely make these again. Thanks for a great recipe to start with. Kittencalskitchen rocks!