Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
After tasting these at a small get together that was hosted by a vegan, I was delighted to receive the recipe to try for myself and then had to post it here, these are one of the best vegan brownies! water may be substituted for the soy milk if desired.
Top Review by jusme
I'm sorry. I really wanted to like these, but they were inedible. I was looking for an egg-free recipe because I didn't have any in the house. I followed the recipe to a T except I used chocolate soymilk instead of regular. I don't think that would have changed it too much. They were too dense and dry; I even undercooked them. I couldn't even eat one, and my polite guests choked down one. Thanks for the idea, though.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- In a small bowl combine soy milk with oil and vanilla; pour into the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny (for a more solid brownie bake longer).
- Let cool about 20 minutes or more before slicing.