Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my niece who had served it at a family Thanksgiving get together a couple of years ago. I personally think these are the best sweet potatoes I've ever had. Definitly not low cal., but oh so delicious.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled,cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix together mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together flour, butter, brown sugar and pecans and crumble over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This is also a recipe I have made for years. The 4 large sweet potatoes equal to about 3 C. MASHED. Also, we prefer to have *extra* praline topping, being from New ORleans, so we double the topping. I encourage everyone to try this! Your family will thank you!
I am so sorry about my earlier post, this is not the same recipe that I was used to. My daughter found a copy of the old cookbook I had and got it for me for Christmas. This is however a very tasty dish, I just liked the one I used to make better. I will try to post it soon.
I doubled the recipe and made this for a Thanksgiving potluck at work. It was just wonderful and very easy to make. I had several requests for the recipe.