Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adopted 2/10/06 Note Make at your own risk until I make it. Yeah I know.. I am behind schedule but it was too hot to make. 8/06
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon herb seasoning mix
- 4 -6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Prick potatoes with fork then bake at 425 degrees F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about 1/2-inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
- Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and return to oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Good low fat recepie. I skiped the milk, since it would make the stuffing more watery,and used low fat horseradish cheddar for the top for more flavor . It was very good the first day, but I did not like how leftovers tasted next day.
This was pretty good and I liked the idea of adding cottage cheese to it. I used italian seasoning and I left out the hot pepper sauce. Thanks!
Great stuffed potatoes, made them for Valentines supper, we enjoyed them and will be making them again, thanks for posting a lower fat/carb form! — Feb 14, 2006 I should have added to this that the next time I make these I would leave out the 1/4 cup of milk, as it was I just added the mix to the potatos mash 'til I felt it was the right consistancy and ended up with a lot of the liquid mix left over. Never the less the potatoes were "wonderful", great flavour. Thanks again for posting.