Recipe by Jill L. "Margaritta Lover"
The dressing on this salad is great!! It's a plus that it is such a simple, quick recipe. I came up with this one night after work and my husband asked me to make it again the very next day. Hope you like it as much as we do. Enjoy!!
- 3 -4 cups of torn romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat (cut into small chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chef style cheddar cheese (the thicker shredded cheese)
- 1 large tomatoes (cut into small wedges)
- 1⁄2 cup butter garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup helman's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper (I am VERY gernerous with these)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together the mayo, dill relish, dill weed, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Tip -- the longer you let the dressing set in the refrigerator -- the better the flavor.
- I leave it overnight for best results.
- Cut up the lettuce, onions, olives, tomatoes and crab.
- Add the cheddar cheese.
- Put the dressing and crutons on right before serving.
- Tip. Just add a little of the dressing at a time. So you don't drench your salad. You may not use all of it. Depends how much lettuce you use.
- Mix well.