Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am a salsa lover and Paul Newmans has a peach salsa that is great, so I went in search of a peach salsa (more tomato then peaches) and couldn't find any. I canned Wonderful Salsa, Wonderful Salsa last year and decided to try and can my own peach salsa. I would like to thank Jazze22 for sharing her orginal recipe. I thought that with the changes and the fact that I coudln't find one posted, I should post it in case others might be looking for a peach salsa. To reduce the heat, take out the veins and seeds in the peppers. Remember to wear gloves when handeling the peppers. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 6 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped (I used sweet onions)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup canning salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) tomato paste
- 4 cups peaches, chopped
- Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes.
- Seal in sterilized jars and cook in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
this salsa is very good. I made one batch following the recipe except for using mixed hot peppers instead of just jalapeno. The next batch I added some celery leaves, a bit of allspice and some brown sugar. Both batches turned out super. Everyone who tasted it loved it.