Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really delicious recipe that serves 8.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) canextra hot rotel or 1 (10 ounce) canmilder rotel
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in melted butter/margarine until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken, stirring until well blended.
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture, and cheese, repeating for 3 layers.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Very good, it tastes kind of like a chicken enchilada cassarole. What I did was added the soups and rotel in at step 3 with the chicken, onions and peppers, plus about 1/2 cup of the chicken broth I used to boil the chicken, just for a little extra moisture, then layered the casserole as stated. I will be making this again! Thanks Kyle.