1/8 Photos of Wonderful Roasted Prime Rib
2 hrs 15 mins
This method makes the BEST roasted prime rib. It never fails to produce a tender/juicy prime rib for me. Don't worry, the salt mixture will not affect the taste. It's purpose is to seal in all the flavor and juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) box of morton kosher salt
- 4 -6 lbs prime rib roast
- 1Slowly add a little of the water to the Kosher salt and stir; then add a little more water and stir. Continue until the salt becomes the consistency of "snow" so that you can "pack" it on the roast and it sticks like snow (Sometimes you may need a little more or less of the water) -- YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISSOLVE THE SALT.
- 2Pat some of the salt mixture in a foil-lined pan in a rectangle big enough to put the roast on.
- 3Place the roast on the salt and pat the remaining salt mixture on the roast, covering completely.
- 4Inset a meat thermometer.
- 5Bake at 425 degrees for about 2 hours.
- 6(140 degrees for rare, 160 for medium).
- 7Remove the roast when the thermometer registers 5 degrees BELOW desired doneness.
- 8CRACK AND REMOVE ALL OF THE SALT CRUST.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Roasted Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.4
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g