Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The addition of the pudding mix is what makes this special, it bakes out moist and rises high every time, if desired you could add a 1/4 cup grated coconut to the batter and the spices may be adjusted to taste -- you may also bake this in small mini loaf pans and reduce the baking time slightly --- for greasing pan see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar (or a mixture of white and brown)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or cooked mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil; beat until well blended.
- Sift together the next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add to the egg/sugar mixture alternately with the pumpkin puree, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in the nuts (if using).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely.