1 hr 10 mins
The addition of the pudding mix is what makes this special, it bakes out moist and rises high every time, if desired you could add a 1/4 cup grated coconut to the batter and the spices may be adjusted to taste -- you may also bake this in small mini loaf pans and reduce the baking time slightly --- for greasing pan see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
9x5 loa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar (or a mixture of white and brown)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or cooked mashed)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil; beat until well blended.
- 4Sift together the next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 5Add to the egg/sugar mixture alternately with the pumpkin puree, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 6Mix well after each addition.
- 7Stir in the nuts (if using).
- 8Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 9Bake for 1 hour or until the cake tests done.
- 10Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 11Remove from pan, and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Pumpkin Coconut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3524.2
- Calories from Fat 1672
- Total Fat 185.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 3962.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 438.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 266.5 g
- Protein 34.2 g