Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy to make, and extremely comforting on a cold night! We like to eat with Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Sandwiches!
- Peel & chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Put potatoes into pot, fill with water and boil until tender. Reserve 1 Cup of potato water before draining, & set aside. Drain potatoes & set aside.
- In pot, mix buttermilk, half & half, sour cream and cheese until well blended. Add in potatoes & stir. It will be thick. Set aside.
- In a skillet brown bacon. Once bacon is cooked until crispy, crumble and add to soup.
- Take 2-3 green onion stalks, and chop. Fry in leftover bacon grease, then add to soup.
- Add remaining cup of potato water to soup and stir. Simmer on low for 10 minutes until everything is melted and blended well. Serve! It is delicious! And super easy!