Recipe by Sass Smith
I think it's the hours of marinating in olive oil, but something makes these chops incredibly juicy and savory.
- 3 -4 pork chops, thicker the better
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients in a large tupperware container and refrigerate for AT LEAST 8 hours, or overnight, if you can wait that long.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, waiting until it sizzles when you drip oil on it.
- Sear each chop for about 30 seconds per side, or long enough to get a nice brown appearance.
- Arrange the browned chops in a large glass casserole dish and pour the olive oil mixture over them.
- There should be enough oil to keep them moist but not drown them completely.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping them at the halfway mark.
- Serve with a nice, light salad and use the olive oil mix for dressing and as a sauce for the chops.